Substation Designer (Physical)
King of Prussia, PA
The Big Picture – Top Skills You Should Possess:
- Computed Aided Drafting & Design
- Engineering Technology
- Landscape Architecture
- Auto CAD and/or Bentley MicroStation (including Rasterized drawing modification) certificates are a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite: primarily Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Photoshop not required but could be useful for rendering projects
What You’ll Be Doing:
- ExecuPOWER is a women-owned firm that provides Engineering Design for Transmission, Substation and Distribution as well as Project Management, Construction Management, QA/QC Inspection and Renewable Energy.
- The Substation Designer will need to work closely with the Project Engineer(s) and Management to ensure technical deliverables are completed in a timely manner and always strive to exceed client expectations.
- As a primary technical contributor, the Substation Designer will need to continuously review and understand industry and client standards, trends, and leading-edge technologies.
- Attention to detail is critical. We take great pride in exceeding client expectations and the Substation Designer’s leadership on projects will be crucial both during iterative design and when performing quality assurance checks of the final deliverables.
- We are a growth-minded company and developing a skillset as a part of the team is important. The Substation Designer’s natural curiosity and desire to learn is essential. ExecuPOWER works in a fast-paced environment where the Substation Designer will have the opportunity to realize his/her potential.
- Client satisfaction is essential to our shared success. Understanding our clients’ needs at the deepest level ensures we deliver on our promise of quality.
- In the Substation Designer’s first six months, he/she will be fully engaged with one to two of our key clients to learn everything about their day-to-day business, their needs, and building a strong working relationship. This initial engagement will be the steppingstone to growing these clients within the company and expanding into new clients.
- Close coordination of design requirements with the civil and other electrical disciplines
- Manage design deliverable workflow with the CAD team to ensure success of individual projects while ensuring proper prioritization
- Utilize our Construction Management team to ensure constructability as part of our day-to-day design
- Provide regular updates to the Project Engineer and Project Management team on progress and forward-looking schedules
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Two-year/Associates Degree (experience will be considered in lieu of a degree)
- Specific experience performing design in the electric utilities business
- The ability to meet the performance objectives is more important than years of experience. However, most individuals will likely need at least 4-6 years total experience with 1-2 years of experience performing applicable substation physical design related duties.
What’s In It for You?
- 401K Plan, paid holidays, PTO, full medical plans (medical, dental, vision and prescription), life insurance
- Short and long term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company bonus program
- Flexible work schedule
- Internal advancement
- Cutting edge projects
- Lunch and learns
- Company sponsored events