Technical Proposal Writer – (Part Time)
The Big Picture – Top Skills You Should Possess:
- Experience writing Substation and Transmission technical proposals
- The ideal candidate must be a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter, with excellent interpersonal and marketing communications skills
- Have a strong ability to review and understand the requirements of a complex request for proposal, outline a compliant response, coordinate input from proposal team participants, and publish a final document for submission
- Have excellent business writing skills, along with the ability to edit and re-write inputs from others
- Have experience in managing the production of proposal deliverables through all stages
- Must also be able to effectively guide and task groups of people to meet proposal requirements
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Coordinate, write and assemble winning proposals for our Substation and Transmission Business Lines.
- Ensure that proposals, marketing material and presentations are professionally prepared.
- Work collaboratively with the business development team to write, organize, format, and compile commercial proposals
- Create and manage the inventory of proposal material
- Work with internal teams to prepare generic materials for use in proposals
- Support the marketing team in the development of marketing materials
- Provide on-going marketing research and other duties as assigned
- Work with a team of skilled engineers, designers, procurement and construction specialists, contractors, vendors and other project support staff/stakeholders.
- Coordinates, with technical leads, the preparation of marketing documents and proposals.
- Develop strategic business development plan for assigned division of responsibility.
- What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, ideally in a technical/engineering field from a recognized college or university.
- 10+ years of experience in technical proposal writing
- 8+ years’ experience in the Utility or Energy industry, specifically in the utility industry with experience in Substation/Transmission Lines is a MUST.
What’s In It for You?
- Flexible work schedule
- Cutting edge projects
- Lunch and learns
- Company sponsored events